View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

That is a great idea soberjuly, but I don't have anything else to really get rid of except smoking. I want to quit that too, but I just don't have the mind space to tackle both right now. I eat healthy, don't drink sodas, don't eat much sugar....

I think today I have realized the key to my success will be changing my mindset on this. I cannot think of this as a loss anymore. I can't let myself feel deprived or as if I am missing out on anything. I have to face this in a more positive way. Which is funny, when I first started posting here I thought I was being positive. But I see now I was faking it to make it, I need a real, true shift inside. That is where I need to put my concentration now. That is more than just posting positive thoughts. This must be internal. I'm not there yet, I know that. I am going to continue fighting this from right now though, but I have to be prepared for the fact that until I make that shift inside I might, and most likely will, fail.
Thank you everyone, this has been extraordinarily helpful to me in identifying the root of my roadblock. I am not ready to quit..... quitting I am going to focus the bulk of my energy on changing my mindset. I think that the healthiest way to go about that is to go ahead and mourn, go ahead and be sad and angry and go straight through those emotions to the other side. Avoiding these feelings will do little other than push them aside only to have them rear their ugly head at a later time.