View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
sober1ck

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
Glad to see you are settled in Dee.. have to keep that post count up. Somewhere, someone has a post to guess on what day Dee hits 100,000 posts.

Spent almost two hours talking (listening rather) to a dear friend on the phone last night. He just called to say hi. Known David since we were in 1st grade. He lives near Chicago and is married with a family. Teen age twin boys... both were premature and have had health issues all their lives including juvenile diabetes and a 21 year old daughter who still lives at home. He is a UPS driver. Poor fellow, I think he has no one else that listens to him. Nicest guy ever, I literally have never seen him angry, but I think there is a lot of frustration and sadness that lies beneath. People often take advantage of "nice guys" and I think that is the case here. Anyway, my arm and ear hurt from all the yapping.
It can be great to be on the end of that of the person who gets to vent. I can imagine from your description a person who works hard, struggles, and has to "be there" for everyone in his family. And sometimes, it can seem like, well, who's there for him? I like to think I'm ready to listen to someone like that... and at the same time, it's nice to know I can b*tch to someone. I do that here sometimes, as you know... !