Old 08-28-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Soberwolf
Do your best

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Dylan, I used them all except AVRT as I was trained in RET as a counselor years ago and use it and reality therapy principles in my thinking naturally from habit. I read a bit of it and decided that it was RET thinly disguised. So I guess I used it as well.

But I could not take your poll because there is no choice for all of them. I dropped several and pretty much use only here. Well actually I don't need here anymore either. I don't get cravings or think about it except here anymore. I hang out to try to offer moral support and help others to repay what I got from here. My life back. (Sure it wasn't just SR, but SR was a 50% part for most of it)

I also am dealing with some permanent damage from my years of drinking that can be very serious. My sobriety more than a year after quitting is now medically necessary. Do I feel the urge to drink over it? Naaah. I sure wish I knew what I know now, when I was younger and starting to drink in my 30s heavier than before and 15 years before it progressed to being alcoholism. When we talk about sobriety we are talking about life, but the unspoken is that it is about death as well. Good for you for taking the bull by the horns and doing something, anything, if it works for you.
Exactly this