Old 08-28-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Twofish

Good mornign SR,
I believe and have hope the baby "is" gonna be just fine and normal, whatever normal means. And if there is a problem (there I go iffing again), the love and support will always be there. The baby, no matter what, will be accepted into the family, loved and wanted.
Am I starting to sound like a Codie again? Am I a prime example of a Codie?
I think I will leave this all alone now. No more worrying over something that isn't there. My RAD should stop this too. I do believe that the baby can sence fright and guilt and perhaps rejection?
So I'm gonna work on myself again today. I'm driving my daughter to her therapy appt, drop her off and head over to my own moms house. We will watch the wedding tape and start talking about how life threw us a curve ball, but that curve has started to straighten out a bit now, and I hope that will give a SR member and friends some positive hope and outlook on addiction. I think, deep down in my heart, that my story of my daughter(s), will somehow help another momma, who is worrying and what iffing and just lost. Let RADs story reassure you that not all SR recovery stories are sad and dismal, we do have positive and happy recovering children too! Can someone smile or hug the frightened and sad mommas?
At my moms, I won't mention the cyst, there's no reason to worry her and have her say things like "I told you so". I don't need that kind of worrysome, negative talk and she doesn't mean to hurt me so badly, it's just something she does.
Question to you...should I even mention the cysts which ALWAYS leads to a heroin discussion that leads to her thinking my daughter is "entitled"? My moms thinking is that of the 1950-60ish, of a dark back room, where kids are shooting up heroin and smoking pot and planning their next pharmacy robbery. My mom should do herself a favor and join a recovery group. Is it that common for people to NOT let drug abuse issues go? To keep dwelling on it and not to forgive? I'm not expecting special treatment, but if my RADs were to be a diabetic, mom would dwell on the blood sugars or her eating habits or to find a reason to "blame" the disease on. She's not perfect and she's getting old. What would you do? I don't want to hurt her, she IS my mom after all.
And if anyone is questioning me on why I'm driving my RAD to her Suboxone appt, it's bc it's my car and I want to visit with my mom and dad. A nice visit, a healthy visit.
So I'm off to get ready. I also have to stock up on some duck tape. You know.... someone should start a thread on useful reasons to use duck tape.....
TF