Thread: Confusing
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Yurt

Confusing

I have been living apart from my AH for almost 3 months, and I have told him several times that I have no plans to return; that it will end in divorce. He told me about his plans for mortgage reduction and an eventual move to another area. I thought we were fairly amicable, but two days ago, after a phone discussion about his health (possible RA) and our DD17, he demanded that I return to his house and stay until DD graduates this year. Told me it was too hard on her. Told me we could discuss whether or not I stay after the summer.
I told him what our DD told me, which was that her stress levels are sooo much lower now that she does not have to deal with he and I arguing all of the time. (She spends about half of her time with him). I don't think he realized this, because when she is with him, I think she puts on a sympathetic face. Anyway, I also told him that my stress levels are considerably lower now that I have left and that I have no intention of returning. He got very angry.
I don't understand how he went from being agreeable, to forgetting about all of our previous discussions, and changing the rules on me. I had planned on visiting him this weekend to work out details of upcoming divorce, but I don't even want to see or talk to him any time soon. I think I may just present my thoughts in an email and then turn my phone off for the weekend.
I know it was all quacking, but it really disturbed me when it happened.