View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Hi pretty blond,

Welcome to SR. Sorry for what brings you here. I know you mentioned that you posted in the wrong section, but I'll respond anyway. I believe you can request it to be moved over there...or you could copy it and post it in that section too.

Well, it looks like he's relapsed. I'm not sure what his DOC was though.....do you know? Just the crazy sporadic behavior of his....the weight loss....the unkept house......those are all indicators that he's picked up again. One thing they always say in the friends and family section is follow your gut feeling....it is rarely wrong.

I think many times the signs are there.....but our heart doesn't want to see them. It wants to make-up excuses for him.....it wants to say there must be a logical reason or all these things happening.....it can't be drugs.....it just can't be. Which is probably why you kept hanging on to your relationship.

But finally his not responding to you at all......is very hard to excuse isn't it? That man you knew when you first met.....would never do the things he's doing now right? So his behavior is completely different isn't it?

I guess the best thing you can do is to move on.....although I know it's very hard to do....but I'm sure you do not want to be going out with a man in active addiction.....that's not a life for you. I'm not sure if you know any of his family members? If you even want to involve them....but he needs serious help. If he's gone down that far in that short amount of time.....he's going to need help getting back on track ASAP. He might need inpatient rehab who knows?

Big hugs (((prettyblond))) I know you are hurting!