View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
IWillWin

Hi and welcome Vic! You have come to the right place as you can see by the wealth of good information and support offered already ...

I too considered myself "highly functioning" with a big job and big life and no arrests, legal issues, or job loss. All I can say is this - it was really fun and life was good. Then it wasn't. Seemed to happen in an instant but really it crept up over time ... this IS progressive, for everyone afflicted, and it will win in the end if we don't do something to change course. I thought I could be the exception to this rule, but I was sorely mistaken. Somehow I found the courage to battle this truly awful addiction and so far, I am winning now. I am just a few days shy of 2 years living sober. And it has been a far better 2 years then the 5 leading up to it despite what I told myself back then.

You CAN do this and you will if you want it ... you have the determination and tools to kick nicotine (I just did that recently!) and weed so I know you can beat this too.

We are all here for you along the way - best of luck on your journey and never, ever give up on yourself. You are worth it