View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ashamedof

Welcome! I agree with Cleanin, she has to WANT to get clean and sometimes rock bottom will do it and sometimes not..the pull of addiction is so strong that's why you see homeless drug/alcoholics living on the streets doing terrible things just to get a fix. I am also utilizing suboxone as I'm a chronic relapser (at least 20 times) I just couldn't stay clean for more than a couple weeks, the cravings were so intense once it was in my head to use, nothing could stop me. It's allowed me to also focus on getting my life back in order, therapy and dealing with bpd , PTSD , anxiety and depression. Underlying mental conditions caused me to become a full time addict.
I would also suggest she speak with a suboxone dr. It's the only thing that has worked this far. I've been abusing opiates for over 10 years and so I might be on it for a bit.
She is very lucky to have someone like you in her life that wants to help and she needs you more than you probably know..but with that being said you can't let her addiction and chaos ruin your life, you know? I know easier said than done when you love and care for someone.
I recommend Alnon too. It will be quite helpful for you.
Good luck.