View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
WendyOR

I get behind on this as well.... ewwww. Don't like feeling behind.

Sunday: I was able to take my daughter to work with me while she waited for her dad to pick her up. I always like to buy her treats there. She ate and met some of my regular customers. It always fills my bucket when they tell me how kind she is.... and she really is. She gets so shy when she meets people.

Monday: I had to go home early (again) as they are training a new server, and there are just too many of us there for what business we have. It is hard on my hours for my paycheck and also I miss out on a lot of tips. I, however, stopped at Dairy Queen and got sis a blizzard (oreo mint, her favorite) and a peanut buster parfait. I came home and got to spend some great time with her. We decided to go sleep in the tent trailer. We unzipped the windows, took out the blankets... and we stayed up for an extra two hours just talking and looking at the stars. That made me happy.

Today: This morning I woke up to a bird aggressively chirping away. It was loud, and pesky, and it was at 4 a.m. I was not so thrilled until I realized my daughter was holding my hand. I slept through it when she grabbed my hand, so when I awoke, it was a nice reminder that holding my hand is a comfort to her, and holding her hand is a comfort to me.