Thread: FMLA rules
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TaiCarm

I’m in a bit of a pickle because my employer is too small to even have a Human Resources department, but apparently is big enough to be subject to the FMLA laws since I signed an FMLA form with them before. I had to ask my top boss directly for the leave. If 12 weeks is the rule, then I guess they have no choice but to allow me more time off. It just feels like such a risk approaching them about it after they gave me a leave.

I’m pretty much hoping that a week’s worth of drinking (~10-12 drinks of vokda a night) hasn’t caused too much physical dependence again. I guess I’d bear the anxiety of withdrawal and drag my ass to meetings assuming I don’t get any major panic attacks. If that failed I’d have to check myself into a detox hospital which has taken 2-3 days until admission the two times I did it. Really I’m willing to go to any lengths to get this stuff under control. I’m 29 and I’ve had acute pancreatitis, alcoholic hepatits, and gastritis in the last six months. I know I’ll die if I don’t stop, yet even knowing that hasn’t been enough. What a curse this disease is.