Old 08-25-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SlightlyOff

Originally Posted by ESD907 View Post
you said, your daughter would see it in your eyes. Mine could do when she was 11. I'd tried the vodka thing too, but eventually she will see thru that also. Don't do this to her, if you won't quit for your health, quit for her. When she finds out and she will, she will despise you. And she may end up just like you. my daughter will be 14 next week, and I would never disappoint her thru my drinking. Sure, she's a teen, I will disappoint her in so many other ways, but not in this one. I know they say quit for yourself, but I say quit for her and yourself. And like everyone said, vodka smells. Get completely sober for a day. Then take the cap off and smell it. try this. Put it on a small hand towel, smell it when you are 100% sober. Tell me you cannot smell it. I do appreciate your honest posting, took a lot to write it I'm sure. You quit before, you can do it again.
Thanks everyone for the honest (sometimes harsh) feedback. I did need to hear it. I ask myself what I quit for when I made 3.5 years, and it was because my husband threatened to leave me and take our daughter. He is no longer threatening. I guess my "functioning" now is good enough for him or something. Anyway yes, you are all right, in time she will smell the vodka and then be so hurt and betrayed.

So I do need to get it all out of my house and my body.

Thanks for everyone who took the time to respond.