View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Welcome to the Board, Rudy. I'm sorry for what brought you here, but happy that you've found us and reached out for support.

I've decided to leave him. He's otherwise a good person and dad but with two small kids I simply can't risk them being in thc at environment. He says it was a stumble not a relapse but what's the difference?
I've highlighted this because if your situation weren't so dire, this would be pretty funny. Who's he trying to fool? The answer to that is himself. What he's trying to do is avoid accountability for his choices. Hence, he "stumbled", which sounds a lot more harmless except he's completely full of sh*t. Remember that the mortal enemy of an addict is accountability.

It took a lot of courage to hold firm on your boundaries and leave him. That wasn't an easy call, but you made it. A lot of us who have found this place stayed with our addicts time and time again with disasterous results. But you did what is for you and your kids the right thing.

My hope is that you stay with us for as long as you have need. There are other women on the board who have been in your shoes, or worse, and their wisdom is something you should absorb.

Again, Welcome to the Board.