View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
WendyOR

Today, lots to be happy for. I go see my son at the hospital on Saturday for breakfast. I always love seeing his face, even when he is moody like today. We left there and was reminded gently by my daughter that I had asked her to remind me to go look at school shoes for her.... the one item we didn't get yet. So my happy there was I talked her down from 8 pairs of shoes, down to 5. Dress shoes in brown and a pair in black, tennies, brown boots, and a pair or gold sparkly shoes, in which I have no idea what she will wear with, but she was so loving them, I could see that look in her eye. Then at work, there is a group of young adults, maybe early20's.... they asked me to do the honors of dumping the ice water on one of their heads outside from a 5 gallon bucket. They always want to sit in my section, they always laugh at me and confide in me.... so it was fun to have them ask me to do this. Well, I asked them to do it on the lawn as to not have someone slip on ice in the parking lot. We went out... they were filming, and I saw he had a watch on so I asked him to take it off. They all laughed... I said... Hey, I am a mom... They had to reshoot... ha! Another young man had to help me lift it over his head to dump it, as he was too tall for me to lift that high, and subsequently, Half of my body also got drenched. All of my tips in my pocket, my order pad, my shoes... but, the hair went untouched... so it was all good. They were mortified... ha. I laughed it off and it felt good to laugh. I had to finish my shift out half wet. Lots to be happy about.