View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 12:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rudy2006

Husband relapse today

My husband battled Vicodin addiction for several years. I found out noy a year ago how serious it was and it was a situation of quit or I'm gone. He blames me for being unsupportive but as the daughter of an alcoholic, I was not willing to take thAt journey with him. He got suboxin after several failed attempts at quitting. Now, he had been clean for several months. Before, he had also occasionally injected demerol which he gets from his "buddy" a best friend who I barely know
Who has migraines. Last night he injected demerol after several months clean and now we are back to the beginning. I've decided to leave him. He's otherwise a good person and dad but with two small kids I simply can't risk them being in thc at environment. He says it was a stumble not a relapse but what's the difference? I told him if he did it again I was gone and he knew that. So does anyone have advice on how to proceed? Do I have to document his addiction to get custody? How will I know if it's safe to let my kids see him unsupervised. Once is enough of a relapse for me.... I'm really just looking for support.