Old 08-23-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SoberHoopsFan

Originally Posted by RedheadJen View Post
I know, I know. It's only day 12 and it's one day at a time. But this seriously isn't getting any easier, if anything it's getting harder. I'm trying to find things to keep me busy, but normally I would drink on Saturdays, and yes, it's Saturday. I feel like a 36 year old baby, that literally wants to cry because I can't drink tonight. I know it's not an option for me, my husband told me the terms of our relationship, that if I want a millionth chance to work on our marriage, there is to be no alcohol in the house. But that doesn't make it any easier. I don't want to give up, but I hate being mopey and miserable and sad all the time, because I "can't" drink, help
First few weekends can be tough, you need to add new activities and change up routines. Also, if you view not drinking as a genuine sacrifice or giving up some great pleasure, it will continue to be difficult to stay sober. Part of staying sober is learning to stop romanticizing the drink. You also need to want to get sober for yourself, not for someone else. True change has to come from within. If you are looking at sobriety as being punished by your husband, that is going to make it harder. Look at it as freedom from a horrible, addictive drug that was ruining your life. Because that's what it would be.