Old 08-23-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Great job on 6 months sober I know how hard it must have been to get where you are. I am two days shy of 7 months sober and I would concur with Anna.

Perhaps you are still focusing on the wrong desires? Being easygoing with girls and such... I fought this myself in the beginning, but soon I realized all those wise people with long-term sobriety are right about not getting into new relationships for a while and not even fantasizing about this. There is so much else to do for ourselves before we can be ready for a satisfying and mutually fulfilling relationship. Do you think you could be a truly good partner for someone with this desperation? Why don't you try to make new friends instead, without expectations and classifications? Perhaps eventually one of them might turn out a great romantic interest for you. The problem is that if you already start with a goal/expectation about relationships, you will inevitably project this onto the other person(s), and I think that blocks an authentic and relaxed connection with them.

Friends can love you very much also if you allow yourself to experience it with an open mind! I think we all need human connection, but perhaps better not to push something we are not ready for yet?