View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sadathome

husband is getting worse

Hi
Haven't written in a while as we were going thru a remolding process and now it seems to be in order~My husbands drinking has not improved at all. Matter of fact it has been getting worse.He drinks whiskey straight. He generally drinks it as if it was a cold beer.Hides all over the place. Puts it in empty pop bottles so he can secretly hide them. He doesn't mix it with anything. It is to the point that once he starts and drinks he does not quit. It generally starts on wed or Thursday night and he will be drunk from Friday night until Sunday night and usually 3 nights during the week. He will make it to work but does take a bottle with him and hide it in the ditch to make sure he has some prior to coming home. On the weekends he generally starts right away in the morning then he will sleep for a couple of hours and go outside and drink some more then sleep for a couple of hours and then drink and then sleep at least 12 hours at night. That is pretty much how every weekend has gone for the last 3 years. He is a closet alcoholic. I have made several attempts at telling him he needs help but he always says he can quit. He is full of lies all the time. The dr has given him some medication that is suppose to help me cure the urge to drink but I don't believe they work because he doesn't take them. I struggle everyday with this. The only time I am happy is when I know he is at work and he can't drink during work. I am scared to leave and I am threatened by him that if I tell anyone he will divorce me.
Don't know what to do! Scared to talk to the kids as they don't really seem to think that it's a big deal! Kids are grown and gone and have families of their own. Did send him to rehab for 2 days last year and he stated that was the best thing I ever did. That lasted for 2 days. Help!!!!!!!!!!SAD all the time.