View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rosie88
Cat Lady

Waking up at the same time of night

Hello everyone!

So I'm 27 days sober here. I have a question... I know I've read here that people have a hard time sleeping early on. However, did anyone have any trouble STAYING asleep past a certain time?

Just about a week ago, I began waking up most days at 3:00 am (with the occurrence of waking up at 2:30 am two nights ago). I've always been an early riser, waking up at about 6:30 am most days naturally. This is abnormally early for me now. I have absolutely no problem falling asleep and staying asleep, until 3:00 rolls around and I'm wide awake. It's not all that awful because 4/5 days out of the week (starting Monday), I have to wake up around 4:00-4:15 am to get to the gym before class.

It doesn't matter if I fall asleep at 8 pm or midnight... Like clockwork, I wake up at 3:00 am. However, I did go to sleep around 10 pm the other night and that's when I woke up at 2:30 if that makes a difference.

Even though that one hour doesn't seem like a huge difference, it would still be nice to sleep at least until 4 am. I end up quite sleepy at around noon! I can't nap on the days I have class! I'm going to be on campus until 5ish pm or later each day working on the lab with my research position.

Oh! And just to note, the three weeks before this week, I had been sleeping great. Going to bed around 9:30/10 pm and waking around 6:30 each morning.

This just seems strange and quite frankly, very irritating. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I apologize if this is a repeat thread.

Have a good morning!