View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Serper2014

Originally Posted by NightmaresOnWax View Post
^ this is dead on. I've tried quitting a bunch of times and it never ended well when I tried to control it.

This last time the thought of how to control it and what to do with my home brew supply was particularly nagging. It got to the point where I was having racing thoughts and anxiety about what to do with the alcohol and how maybe if I limit it to X amount I'll be okay...

The question you have to ask yourself at some point is whether or not drinking "a few" here and there is worth all of that thought you are putting into it?
Is a drink or two worth stressing yourself out, trying to justify?
Is it worth the guilt? Worth fighting the want to drink more after you've started?
Wouldn't it be a lot easier to make a decision not to drink at all and quit having to think about it?

You may look at it as being free and having the freedom to drink if you want to, but it is just the opposite. Your psychical freedom to drink is holding your mind as a prisoner.
Your freedom to drink if you want to is forcing you to think about drinking when you could be thinking about much more constructive things.

This is a great post. I'm not stressed out about it. I'm not trying to justify it really. I came on here to report what has happened like a reporter, next time I'll be even more dry in my reporting. I don't have to think about it, except when Im typing on here. That's why I'm leaving SR. I'll check in next month, because this is the most I've even thought about drinking in the last 1.5 months. I am getting a bit unnerved now because I'm hearing that this is impossible to do. LOL. We shall see. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. I will admit that. I have no problem with being wrong, but I do have a problem with people that don't know me saying I can't do something that they couldn't do. I can do lots of things that you can't do. That is a fact. So Ciao for now.