View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Welcome, JayEl!

How worse would you like it?

I could have gotten worse. I didn't really lose anything and I live alone with no family alive so I didn't even hurt other people. I still have money, I'm not working by choice, and I'm healthy. So it could have been waaaay worse for me.

I'm super grateful I never got a DUI or killed anyone when I was too stupid not to drive.

I'm really happy that my body is still functioning well and I'm not in a hospital waiting to die. You know they won't give livers to drinking alcoholics, right?

I am grateful I never blacked out while cooking and burned down my condo and the homes of my neighbors.

I am glad I didn't blow up my heart or my hips or my pancreas or my kidneys.

Mostly I'm glad I was given another chance. No more 3AM terror filled wake-ups. No more paralyzing fear of the future. No more self-pitying stories of my past. No more lonely days and nights in front of the TV with a bottle of rum. No more digestive problems. No more malnourishment. No more hangovers. No more running from store to store so no one who worked there would know how much I drank. No more hiding from the neighbors so they wouldn't smell alcohol on me. No more living on popcorn and Smokehouse almonds. No more midnight runs to the recycle bin so no one would see my bag of bottles. No more long convoluted backroad routes home from the bar so the cops wouldn't see me.

No more.
Well stuck....

BB asks a great question. How low can you go.....

Since you did a little AA you may recall YET = you're eligible too!

I can identify with a "high bottom". However, I wonder how many more chances I might have at stopping - nothing is guaranteed. Therefore, I guard my sobriety jealously NOW!

There is Grace in recognizing your opportunities may disappear my friend.....

Peace.....