Old 08-20-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
HotSauceJeff
Molotov Kitty!

I agree with proceed cautiously... I personally have not quite stepped this boundary, but I have stepped through plenty of other minefields.

It is great that you have a plan, etcs.... Seems some have made it, so have had problems. It's like that with everything we begin doing and trying to live what we consider our new normal.

A side note, I did have a friend who went to a Tesla concert. She had done a week inpatient program and had been sober for 8 1/2 months. At the concert, she slipped into self justification mode.... "I will just have one beer"... I believe she ended up having three... Certainly not out of control by most standards.

Where the problem lied is then, she continued afterwards. Slowly.... and the cycle on attempted moderation began. She is drinking again now pretty hard.

You know thyself. You have to answer the question. The plans are great.... Have a plan B, plan C, go out in the parking lot if things become issues for you. I can sit in a bar and not drink, but I find there is little benefit in even put myself in the situation. Now seeing Kid Rock, some benefit... I am a fan too...

"Now get in the pit a try to love someone!", even if that means yourself first.