View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Liz,

I just read an article about eating disorders in teenage boys. It is on the rise and laxatives (and purging) was cited as one of the more common means of controlling weight for boys, who don't typically fast.

I'm guessing I'm way off the mark. I have no reason to suspect that. I was compelled to post only because we have kids the same age, and if I remember right some of the same LD's so I feel like a mother in arms .

My son is soooo thin. I'm always on the look out even though I have no reason to suspect an eating disorder even though he's so thin. I think it just genetics.
I think you guys misread this: my husband is taking the laxatives. My son won't take anything more than a tylenol and he uses acupuncture and essential oils and natural treatments for many of his LD's and Tourette's symptoms. He won't even take cold medicine and I have to beg him to sometimes take meds that I know will be helpful.

My husband (AH) was put on Paxil 3 years ago and I remember he was constipated when he first was put on the pills so I don't know if this is something as a symptom from that or if he's trying his hand at losing the 30 pounds he put on in the past few years. All that being said, it ties back to Hikerlady's original post: staying on our own side of the street can bring us to serenity because we truly can't control what our As do or don't do, whether it's related to drinking or their health, etc. I already know that I'd get the same response as Hikerlady which is sad but it's the reality of living with the disease of alcoholism.