View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
bblackbirdflyy

Welcome back Applekat!

I love the "Two types of pain" quote

I am at 1 week with no alcohol and no cigarettes!! Starting day 8. Gotta say this is pretty sweet!

I had to turn down booze at work AGAIN last night. The girls I work with wanted me to drink with them. I told them I was stopping for a while... at least until after the first of the year, and their jaws dropped like that was an eternity. It's so engrained in the service industry culture to get loaded. I don't know why I didn't just say "I don't drink" or "I'm sober"... I'm hoping its because I wanted to fit in with their crowd and not because deep down I don't believe it, BUT I'm worried that it is because I don't believe it. My BF asked me how long I was planning to stop for "40 days and 40 nights lol" I told him I'm quitting until I don't want to binge drink every-other day. (Which is most likely forever) but I left that part out. Why the heck am I scared of saying I'm done done done DONE!? He only drinks like once a month... Its not like he'd care... he might even be proud of me for stopping, who knows.. can't be fun to live with a drunken slob.

Anyway... I'm going back to school on Friday to work towards getting an RN and I think I'll start running next Monday after my lungs have cleared out a bit more also I'm going to do a little cleanse for the next three days so I'll be too low on energy to run right now. I like being sober. The dishes are done, the laundry is caught up, the kids are definitely enjoying me more, I have goals and am not just existing to catch a buzz.

I'm staying sober today too.