View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Good morning TeamAugust! A little emotional and down this morning. Day 16 for me. Yesterday meant follow-up appt for DS's therapist after testing for ADHD, and therapist thinks he has some oppositional defiance tendancies as well as generalized anxiety disorder tendancies. These things scare the crap out of me because I know that those are personality traits (as well as being sensitive, type A, short temper, etc) that are markers for substance abuse. DS is one of my biggest reasons for quitting (as I've seen mentioned above, so I am joining the team of parents/non-parents who want to quit), because I don't want my habit to become his norm and for him to think that it's ok. I need to do this for him, as well as myself, so that he has a good role model in me and DH.

Also saw on the 'net that it is supposed to rain on Saturday, which is when we have DS's big-ass 7th bday party planned (all outside games). Luckily I have awesome co-workers who are bringing me canopies and I am hoping that if it does drizzle, we can still enjoy all of the games I have worked so hard to get ready.

Just need to lift my spirits today, have faith (struggle for me) that everything will work out OK.