View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 10:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Croissant

oh boy....this sounds like a family fun-fest I had back in March/April. (which was not long after my slip in Feb)

I was amazed at how my anger/stress thermostat could go from, "yep, I'm in control, I'm handling this situation", to "I'm going to explode you bunch of &*(ers!"....steamed up like I could not believe.

Then, I realised, I needed to get my pipe out of my family and let them sort it out without my opinion, or feeling that they needed to call me to vent, or....whatever. It was time to get selfish. And you know what...I was glad it played itself out with the people who needed to play it out.

My Father and I are still strained, so we don't really talk now.

I'm so glad I stepped away. All my 'love' and 'care' and 'attention' needed to be on me. My life was in intensive care, and I needed to respect myself enough to get into my own business and sort myself out. I'd actually say the period following that, I journalled a lot and really found myself and got really solid in my sobriety. It was the best thing that could have happened to me and my sobriety.

No advice, just absolutely 1,000% know what it is like to want to blow a fuse because of the fam/relos/lations!