View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Bebetter

I got some new loose tea at the Indian grocery a few days ago for my morning chai. I've been unsure how much to put in, and today, I had a nightmare experience. I made the chai, and just couldn't seem to get the color right by adding milk, but I didn't think anything of it, and drank it all - 4 cups or so (my usual). About 2 hours later, I started having waves of panic. The worst panic attacks of my life. TMI, but... I was hovered over the toilet trying to make myself throw up because my stomach felt so queasy, and I had diarrhea. I was dizzy and my heart was racing. I was utterly thirsty, and kept taking sips of water, while still feeling like I wanted to puke. My eyes couldn't focus on a book or computer screen, My thoughts were racing out of control. I have never felt more out of control or crazy. I begged my husband to take me to the ER. Multiple times. He put the TV on for the girls and stayed with me. I got super hot and stripped to my undies. I lay on the bathroom floor. He counted my heartrate, and it was relatively normal - just a little high at 75 bpm (I'm usually around 60-65). I couldn't take any position for long. I was pacing, hovering over the toilet, in the fetal position in bed. This all lasted for about 2 hours, but when it started to let up, I looked at the clock, because it felt like it lasted for like 6 hours. I am now feeling almost normal. I was so, so, so scared. I can't remember feeling this scared before. I literally thought I was going to die. And I don't say that lightly. I mean literally. I feel a little weird now, but not at ALL like I did. Just really fragile and a little scared right now. Ugh... I hope I never ever have something like that happen again, and I'm swearing off caffeine now. I don't even need it anyway. A glass of water usually does the trick.