View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Grateful11

Congrats on one week CaliChris! Fantastic!

Congrats on 13 days Penkins...hope today is better. Look for my PM.

Grateful to be sober today.

I hope I am not annoying anyone with my positivity...I think I'm experiencing the "pink cloud" of sobriety. I just can not believe how different I feel from last month. I want to hold on to this feeling. Believe me, there are still some negative things I am dealing with but I feel like I'm in a better place mentally, emotionally and physically to deal with them.

Glad the list is helping...I spent a lot of time last night researching early recovery and it gave me hope to read that sometimes we feel worse before we feel better...then when we feel better it will be 100x better! Our bodies and minds are healing. It is actually amazing how quickly the body starts readjusting to not having alcohol and being dehydrated and malnourished for so long. It makes sense that much of it is the adjustment to finally being hydrated.

When I came back from vacation my flowers were not looking so great even though my neighbor watered them a couple times while I was gone. I was watering them this morning and noticed the healthy dark green leaves coming in and the old yellowish sickly leaves from when I was away. That is how I feel my body is right now...just starting to get healthy (not green) but still has some of the unhealthiness from the drinking.

Hang on for the ride...it is worth it! If you fell, get back up. You never know when it is your turning point.