View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Altoids

Originally Posted by Sarah1975 View Post
The quick one right now to help with my hangover is what I'm actively avoiding right now. I want to go for a walk, fresh air, but im too scared to go past a shop or pub incase I walk in.

I went into this giving up thing blind, its harder than I thought - possibly because I have more of a problem with alcohol than I thought...

I'm now looking online for more information: How long can I expect to feel physically out of sorts, a short term goal to get past, instead of the scary forever. Local meetings that don't include a god. Distraction. Hobby. I don't want to goto my doctor.
Day one and two ~ you are gonna feel crappy. By day 3 things will start to feel better and you will be able to sleep better. Whenever the urge to drink hits you, instead of feeding yourself poison, eat/drink something super healthy. I make my own juices and feeding my body what it needs helps me tremendously.

It helps to just stay on SR and post/read. It will keep you focused on what you really want ~ and that is to be sober.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!