View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Notmyrealname

Two bottles of wine to yourself in a day is actually a lot. I always knew if I got into that third bottle, it was going to be a rough morning the next day, but two bottles of wine was still an extended foray into the land of drunken times for me (and I was 250+ lbs) -- although this was across a 5-6 hour period, maybe you are typically starting earlier (although that is itself a sign of troubles brewing).

Listen, one of the most important things I picked up from coming to SR forums is that people can and do get out of the vicious cycle of alcohol abuse. There are tons of success stories on these boards (try the "My Story" forum sometime). There are also a lot of not-yet success stories, or in-progress-trying-to-get-sober stories. A lot of those resolve to sobriety, but not all.

If you look around here for awhile you start to see what people have done that has made them successful -- planning ahead, avoiding risky situations, finding support, lifestyle changes, changes in daily activity/behavior pattersn, shifts in outlook/mindset -- lots of ideas.

Are you planning ahead? Are you avoiding risky situations? Do you have support? (well, you are here, that counts as support! )

There's a saying that "a goal without a plan is just a wish." And mere wishes rarely come true outside of fairy tales. It is best to have a plan.