View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by Hockeyerik View Post
Bit of an update of sorts.
I found out from my friend who's daughter is friends with my stepdaughter that AW got pulled over after picking up SD from school with an open container and DUI. This happened this past Monday.
The text from FIL came on Thursday trying to tell me she's better and I need to step up. He sent this knowing full well that she got pulled over. SD's dad came in town immediately and now SD gets to decide if she wants to live with my in laws or move back east with her dad. I hope she picks her dad and can have some stability in her life.
When I found all of this out I was so angry that FIL would lie to me so easily and blatantly. I didn't say anything to him so I guess I am learning something.
That's some pretty significant Codie Denial going on with your FIL. He's going to end up having a heart attack & completely burning himself out if he doesn't get a better understanding of addiction & codependency. He's trying to strong-arm everyone into compliance, and hitting brick walls every where he turns.

UNBELIEVABLE that they are trying to pretend away a DUI!! I'm at a loss for words... do they think they can hide it? explain it? ignore it? I REALLLLLLLY hope your SD chooses to move in with her dad & remove herself from this dysfunction.