View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 10:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sobercalmwishes

In and out of sobriety, I personally have come to the conclusion, that I dream out my worst fears and failures. Because I almost never have a good dream, I know my dreams are not the truth of my life. And, so I don't put much stock in them. I dismiss them as my worries that I push back coming true, but they are only dreams and not reality, and it is very important to dwell on the things that are TRUE and REAL only.

It's important for me, at least, to dwell on how valuable I am, no matter what anyone or any dream thinks of me. Most of us have taken up the drink or drug to kill the pain of not being truly who we are, and that's ok. Now, we are finding that out, and we WILL live it out. We are valuable and everyone around us needs us to be encouraging and healthy. It's a great goal. And there are many more goals that we will set for ourselves, and we will reach them, in time. For now, dreams are not real. If they are confusing or painful, it's our worries playing out. If you have a dream that is peaceful and kind and lovely, and it's something you long for or want, I believe that is God showing you to "go" and reach out for it. I know life is hard, but when it comes to how we live out our lives, I think God wants us to think higher, and believe more about ourselves. It's why we drink and use. We know there is so much more.........

Great love and comfort coming your way.