View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HeartsAfire

Tried something new

So I've been trying to "seriously" (definitely in quotes) battle my alcoholism for 9 months now with little spurts of success here & there that eventually lead me back to the same place. You all know the insane alcoholic merry-go-round of which I speak. Obviously that's not giving me the long-term results I want & deserve. Obviously I need a new approach.

Believe it or not, I've never told anyone in my personal life that I'm an alcoholic. Only you all know. Today I've told a best friend as well as my husband. Both could not have been more supportive. Husband is in Germany so I had to do it over Skype but I did it. I know it was a relief to him. He travels the world working for a rock band so there are extended periods of time he is gone. I know he has worried - and well he should have. Now he at least knows that I have admitted it and committed myself completely this time to working on it.

As far as my friend we are friends thru another 12 Step Group (COSA) so she gets it completely. She's having me over tonight to cook for me - she's a gourmet chef. My body needs good food. My soul need good friendship. Two birds w/one stone...

Other than that I started the 21 day Oprah/Deepak meditation someone mentioned on another thread & I'm getting out my old 12 Step workbook & dusting it off. I'm gonna get there - no doubt about it. I'm just not gonna get there w/this board alone. My knuckles are about to fall off they're so white!

Have a great Saturday everyone. Thank you for being here.