View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
gleefan

Originally Posted by DiggingIn View Post
I really am surprised sometimes that my default state is no longer the feeling of a hole in my heart.

DI - I can't fully begin to describe how happy I am to read this.

In the beginning of my sober journey, I didn't think I had any type of depression. It wasn't til a couple weeks away from alcohol that I realized I was operating in a dense fog.

If it weren't for Dee's honesty of where his life was in addiction, and his underlying issues resonating with me, and his advice on how turned it around, I never would have embraced recovery. I never would have identified my codependent behaviors. I never would have given AA a chance. I never would have opened up to others. I owe you a lot, Dee. (())

Today, I tried to give it back for the first time. My friend isn't a drinker, but her husband is, and she's coming to a point of frustration with her codependency. She's been isolating herself this week, but sharing that she's stressed, and I reached out to her. I think I talked too much (big surprise - lol), but I'm not a professional and I think/hope the kindness of my intent is what will resonate.

Have a great one, Febbies!