Old 08-15-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
tinyowl

Thanks GracieLou,

I totally agree with you. I don't live my life constantly thinking of tomorrow, I don't see the point either... Just try your best and see how things go is the way I usually do things. As I said, tomorrow doesn't exist (yet).

My question, or predicament (right now) is how and why I am thinking in this futuristic way when normally I don't. I think this could be my way of trying to sabotage my efforts, and I guess I'm finding it stressful. If it is, it's working as I'm feeling like I want to back out!

I have to think I won't drink tomorrow, otherwise I'll start daydreaming about when and where I will get my next drink from. I'm always looking for ways and excuses. I've been doing the take it one day at a time thing for years and it only serves to space out my drinking rather than stop it. After a few days/ weeks/ I relax and then boom!

So in order to overcome those thoughts surely I need to replace them with something else? Something that says 'no' to my imaginary drink sneaking? Otherwise it's just like telling yourself not to think about pink elephants.

I just don't know right now.

One day at a time sounds manageable. Stopping myself from sabotaging things on the other hand not so!