Old 08-15-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SuperMega

I have been actively trying to stop drinking for 3 years now. For three years I have slipped up thinking that I can drink like a "normal" person again and end up hung over a toilet and experiencing terrible withdrawals. That little thought is a trick!
I listened to my addictive voice last week so sadly instead of being weeks sober today am back to only being 3 days sober.
In the past year I have had two runs at being 3 months sober one 2 months and a few at a month or less. When I was sober I learned how to attend social functions where alcohol was being served and I have never had more fun in my life. I held great conversations, my hair and dress still looked amazing at the end of the night, I didn't lose anything and I kept my dignity! Every time I go out with people who are drinking I think about how grateful I am that I will be able to safely drive myself home and wake up feeling fantastic in the morning. Oh! Another thing! Watching other slowly start to make asses out of themselves getting drunk is another "fun" way to stay sober. I can stay classy when I don't drink. Hope this helps some!