Old 08-14-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
wpainterw

arya468: I hear you when you say, " I love the quick money made behind the bar and I am also quite attached to all of the customers that come in there. And since I have an alcohol dependency leaving behind a job that offers me as much free alcohol as I want in many different varieties is hard to leave behind, even though it is necessary"

Working in a bar does have some attractiveness to an alcoholic if there's free booze available. But suppose a mouse is allergic to cheese and there's a lot of free cheese available and if the mouse continues to eat the cheese he's going to be in serious trouble, probably lose his job in the cheese bar, maybe not complete mouse college, go down hill from then on and maybe end up getting eaten by a cat. Well, anyway, the mouse says, "I do love my friends the other mouse cheese lovers. I hate to leave them."
Now you've got one thing a mouse hasn't. The ability to put sobriety, your future career and indeed probably your very life ahead of free booze, drinking friends, easy money. You can save yourself. You can be happy.

W.