Old 08-14-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Hi, folks – I’ve been away for a few days but y’all seem to be trucking right along w/out me – I thought for sure SR would go bust I must say I’m happy to see some familiar names, some new ones, and some ones I’ve been missing.

Welcome to deadpie, drywillis, Mountainmanbob! Whether you’re new to SR, this thread, or just coming back, it’s great to see you here! & if I missed a newcomer or two, welcome to you too and I hope to see you often.

Congratulations to gvrecovery, hevyn, Kris47, Tootsl1! And to aussieblue in advance because your today is still my tomorrow! And congratulations to all, for being here and keeping the commitment to be sober for today. Here’s the list of those who’ve made part of their commitment to sobriety include posting on this thread from about 8:30 p.m. EST August 13 to 8:30 p.m. EST Aug 14:

1newcreation
afloatsober
airwick
AlcoholFree66
altoids
Alysheba
ANewDayNYC
ardy
aussieblue
BarbieKen
Beanie25
Bubovski
calico
Carlotta
casinva
charleesavedme
cheeto
ChickChick
Coldfusion
courage2
DaneK
deadpie
Dee74
drywillis
erfra7
Findingtheway
ForMeForThem
Gilmer
Goat
Grateful11
grtgrandpa
Hevyn
j808
jsm273
Kaneda8888
Kris47
least
Macali
Marcher13
michaels_w
Mish
Mountainmanbob
MyTime86
NewLeaf
Panacea
petals
redwings12
Robin66
shi
SnowDawg
Tetra
tgirl
Thirdtime
tootsl1
venuscat
veryready
wiscsober
yukonm
Zencat
zeppodog

I’ve been on a brief holiday to a historic town on the New Jersey shore, founded by Methodist preachers as part of the 19th century American revivalist “Holiness Movement.” Today’s surf advisory color was yellow, decent surfing and moderate risk of rip currents. Today’s beach Bible verse was Revelations 21:5, “Behold, I make all things new.” And if that all sounds too tame, you can walk right down the boardwalk to Asbury Park, famed of rock & roll and home of excellent Korean tacos.