View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
ChrisM

Originally Posted by Tippingpoint View Post
I think the essence of The Big Plan is the difference between quitting drinking for now and quitting drinking forever.

For me, I quit drinking "for now" for about 6 months before I began to figure out the forever thing. Making that leap to forever is The Big Plan. Being able to say the words "I will never drink again and I will never change my mind" and have it actually resonate with truth for you is The Big Plan. It still makes me tingle when I say it and truly mean it.
I love this! (BTW, other than the muscle relaxers a couple of weeks ago when I injured my back, haven't had another nor have I had a drink since 7/17). Back working out routinely at the gym, diet back in check consistently and moving forward!

I think your post summed up exactly the answer I was looking for to my question. The decision has been made, but the conviction behind that decision grows every day. Still learning to completely identify the beast and beast activity, and stand by the commitment/decision I made to never drink or use again and never change my mind!