Thread: Timing cravings
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Charlie117926

Mera:

I can relate to the craving issues. I have specific cravings on Monday's, Wednesday's and Saturday's more than the other days of the week.

I know if I can just make it to 7:00 PM on Monday's and Wednesday's I have them beat (get off work at 5:00 pm) so I have a two hour window to deal with.

On Saturday's I will struggle all day till the 7:00 pm time frame. I am not for sure why it is the way it is, but it is. I think its because I have always been an early drinker when time allows.

I just don't start drinking later on in the evening as I know it will be the early am hours before I get my fill.

At these times I ensure I am doing something. Yard work, family time, reading SR (great help for me.)

For some reason if I can just get to the 7:00 PM time frame I seem to be okay. I am sure its psychological, but I have not figured out how to overcome it.

And yes, when 7:00 PM comes, It is like a huge burden off my shoulders. I have taught myself if I can just make to this time, I have made it through another day sober.