View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Aellyce

AO - awww, thanks, you're so sweet Sounds like we appreciate a similar approach to achieving "altered mental states" via getting out moving. I went to an awesome run yesterday and will again today. Feeling much better now. I think that wave of low mood and agitation was probably due to a mix of recent stresses (sometimes I don't even realize I'm stressed while it's happening) and maybe some medication effects.

Gargery - yes I absolutely think the same way. Actually saw two different doctors plus a therapist before I decided to try these meds, and we were all on the same page. I am definitely determined to do all this properly, like you said why pay them and stress myself otherwise? I work in the mental health field myself, so have some ideas about these things... I even changed therapist once in the very beginning because I could quickly tell the first one would not be too good for me. The one I'm seeing now is quite insightful and helpful. I definitely don't like to do things in chaotic ways - I did enough of that while being a drinker, but it's not my "normal" nature. I think I just freaked out because I had a few unusually/unexpectedly intense days. I guess I'm still adjusting to both sobriety and now these new meds and approaches.

Thanks guys for the support and advice - experiment is being continued