View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
desypete

Originally Posted by MichaelJo View Post
Thanks desypete,

Strange trying to find things to do things Sober. Especially as I have lost all of my friends because of Alcohol!

What do you do on your own??!!!
what would you like to do ?

do you like sport ? join a club with like minded people you will make friends there who share your interest

do you like to paint ? join an art class at college or whatever you will make friends there who share you interest

do you like mountain climbing ? go kart racing ?

find out what you like to do and give it a try

for me i found in aa many good friends and we go out from time to time for meals or to the pictures etc
one of my friends in aa has the same passion for snooker like i have so we met up once or twice a week for snooker

so for me i found all my new friends in aa and i have kids to so i do things with them like go karting its great fun

sadly i lost one of my kids 2 years ago so it stopped all my activies i was doing but i am slowly getting back out there
i go to aa meetings mostly and i try to help other people out as that is so good for me and my soul

there are lots of things you can do just make a list of what you like to do and see how you can make it happen for you

good luck