View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Bebetter

Hi all,

I've been reading but not contributing! Sorry!

Reeves - You will have amazing pride and confidence in yourself if you can keep the beast at bay the next 3 days. I know you can do it. Make some plans to get weird work done... organizing photos (or anything), read a book. Dedicate this alone time to you in a meaningful way! And come to SR chat if you struggle. When my hubby went away in June, I found great comfort in the chat rooms here.

I've been pretty much just humming along. My husband and I have decided to stop preventing pregnancy, but I got my period yesterday and was pretty bummed... I guess I thought I'd just POP! be pregnant. Um. Yeah. Like it's ever easy. I'm feeling a little unmoored. Like I have no direction or passion in life, besides my kids (which is important, of course, but I need more for some reason...). Lots of harvesting and canning/preserving from my garden - peaches, hot peppers, tomatoes. Gearing up for my daughter starting K - been having very vivid dreams about it. I've stopped going to the gym in favor of spending more time with my girls, and we're having very nice days together... playdates, low stress. I'm really going to miss my girl when she's gone all day. Drinking has been far from my mind. I feel really comfortable in my sobriety, and very happy with life generally, even with the feeling that I should be directing myself into something... some profession or field. I'm toying with the idea of taking a class or two to see if nursing is something I want to pursue, but I'm really not sure I have it in me to change professions. I currently hate my job... my good coworker just gave her resignation, and it feels like a sort of last straw for me. Nothing about work gives me satisfaction and I really dislike my new boss. I have trouble with just sticking it out right now, even though it's a good gig with the pay and flexibility in hours. It just doesn't feel meaningful.