View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sugah
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Susan, I hated making calls & I still hate making calls, but I do it & I love getting them. Just had two after dinner.

I recall a time in early sobriety, and I was having a hard time, physically. Lot of pain, couldn't get out of my head, praying a drink didn't start to look like the solution. I prayed & prayed and prayed. I called my sponsor, but all I really did was whine to her.

And then...

My phone started to ring. There were about five of us, all within two or three weeks of each other (sobriety-wise), and three others were having a hard time & started ringing my phone, asking for an ear. My phone rang all weekend!! I had two cordless phones, and I was running them both dead! At first, it was like -- I don't need this ****! I'm in pain!

And then something really cool happened. I got out of my own head and thought about somebody else. By the time everybody's crisis calmed down, I was through my flare. My pain had returned to manageable.

My prayer was answered. I'm telling you -- this is the greatest show on earth, if we keep our eye on the stage.

Peace & Love,
Sugah