Old 08-13-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
SpartanGreen

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
I have been convicted of 2 DUI's and went to jail for the second one. Yes I totally deserved it. I am very very grateful I didn't hurt any innocent people, and it is a relief I currently don't have a license, and I don't want one again until I can trust myself 110%. However, before both DUI's I knew it was going to happen, I had a gut feeling. If I could go back in time and LISTEN to that feeling and sober and smarten up before the first one, I would. Sounds like you may be having the same feeling. Listen to it! And get some help for yourself.
Maybe I am having a gut feeling. The good news is I'm now terrified of drinking and driving now because I'm a big believer in the law of attraction and I fear that I may have threatened to manifest a DUI into my life with this thread (yes, I'm totally crazy). I don't honestly want a DUI, I just want freedom. I know my life could be so much better without this routine. I wouldn't have to feel ashamed all of the time, I could have more money, could get into better shape, could find a nice girlfriend, ect.

That's the good news. The bad news is I couldn't go to that meeting tonight because I got off of work too late, but honestly I was probably too chicken to walk in there anyways.

I completely understand everyone's posts about hitting and killing someone. If I hit and killed someone, I don't even know what I would do. I would probably have to kill myself because I couldn't imagine living with that horror. Because I am a professional truck driver, I think subconsciously I feel like I'm a better 4 wheel driver than most of the people on the road even when I'm drunk. That thought process has to stop.