View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Souvenir

I could really use your advice

I stubbled on this by accident while trying to make sense of a very disturbing revelation. My 21 year son, it was brought to my attention is starving to death. He lives in another state far away from me so I don't see him and has never been very communicative with me. My daughter received a call from him. In that call he said he tried to kill himself recently. Another daughter who lives in the same city saw him and he looks like "skin and bones". He told her he was really hungry and doesn't have any money for food. He does have a full time job, by the way. I saw a picture of him on Facebook. I didn't even recognize him at first. He looked like a Nazi concentration camp prisoner. My very first thought was, you only get that horrific looking that fast from meth or crack. I'm scared out of my mind. I don't know what to do. He is lives on his own with a couple of roommates. He suffers from depression and at his young age is already a convicted felon. He told his mother he is " selling a very scary drug". His mother could careless. She does not love him. I don't know what to do or how I can help him. I love my son dearly, I know if this continues he will either end up in prison or dead. I don't have the financial resources to fund any kind of rehab. I recovering from a horrible financial disaster myself. I don't know what to do. I'm so scared! Any suggestions would be so helpful. Godbless.