View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rdcrds

The evil drug is back again

Just to be as quick as i can. I have a Daughter who is in her 30's. We live together with her 2 kids 7-8 years old. We live on the east coast of FL.

I take care of my 2 gran babies and shelter them from pain as much as i can.

My Daughter was on H for 2 months after leaving a methadone clinic she was in to get off worse opiates.

She was in the methadone clinic for 5 years doing good till she met the Devil of H and IV. she finally got back into the clinic for almost a month but due to leaving for 3 days they would not dose her for a week so she went back on H IV again $40 a day. Now she is back to where she was. Claiming she wants to get off it and knows she has to.

It would be easy to put her out but 2 things. #1 Her babies love her to death cause she was with them night and day for 6 years loving them and taking them everywhere she went.

and #2 they have a bio dad who has married but they never really see him. If she were put out he would take them in a second since Florida law is clear about custody.

So in order to keep the kids happy we try and get her better. The thing i never knew about H was the anger issues it can cause when she needs or even has a fix she can blow up and start throwing things in anger which of course scares the kids.

She does love them but when i look at her i do not see a addict. I see addicts and how bad they look and she does not fit the bill of a long term addict.

I feel like i am in jail. I can't put her out cause the kids will hurt from her gone but more important there Bio dad would take them legally.

Methadone clinic's are for profit but they also can be a pain. I am on there call list and begged them to please dose her and that she missed for the kids to have a weekend away before school starts. And i know 100% for a fact she did no H while away. But they consider you after 3 days of not coming as gone and you have to start over.

It is not there fault she could have got street Methadone till she got back in.

But again i am in this trap. She does not do the drugs here and the kids never see it but they kind of know there mom is sick from something. I just can't see letting the kids go to there Bio dad's house who is not a drug user but does not love them.

He just married and the women he married wants kids but she is to old to have her own and she is not a nice person so he would take them just so she could have kids.

The pain of feeling like i am in jail. I will do anything for my gran babies but not let them go to there bio Dads only as a last resort i wish there was a way to get someone clean fast from this