Old 08-13-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Mairie

Originally Posted by SpartanGreen View Post
- Have at least five years of recognition that I have a serious problem and need to get sober. Check, have that.

- Have a lot of experience driving drunk to get more booze and even driving while drinking, probably over a thousand miles worth. Check, have that.

- Have no wife and kids or immediate family who knows what is going on to hold my problem accountable. Check, have that.

- Have a career that is promising that has seen me take a promotion where I'm due to take another one shortly even though I come in hungover and drive a big truck most days. Check, have that.

I'm honestly sick of the routine, I'm sick of the endless cycle. I'm sick of trying to get sober, going days at a time, and then just giving in because killing an 18 pack on a Friday won't hurt anyone around me. That restarts the cycle.

I need something, I don't know what it is, but I need it.

I quite often wonder if I should drive to the police station, say "hey, I've drank 20 drinks tonight and I drove here, please give me some inspiration to get sober."
See? You're not all bad - you joined and posted on SR BEFORE you hit and killed someone
SO - now you've made the first stop and Kudos for doing so! SO many people don't realise or want to deal with a problem My partner is an ex cop and the things he had to deal with are horrendous.
x