Old 08-13-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by SpartanGreen View Post
- Have at least five years of recognition that I have a serious problem and need to get sober. Check, have that.

- Have a lot of experience driving drunk to get more booze and even driving while drinking, probably over a thousand miles worth. Check, have that.

- Have no wife and kids or immediate family who knows what is going on to hold my problem accountable. Check, have that.

- Have a career that is promising that has seen me take a promotion where I'm due to take another one shortly even though I come in hungover and drive a big truck most days. Check, have that.

I'm honestly sick of the routine, I'm sick of the endless cycle. I'm sick of trying to get sober, going days at a time, and then just giving in because killing an 18 pack on a Friday won't hurt anyone around me. That restarts the cycle.

I need something, I don't know what it is, but I need it.

I quite often wonder if I should drive to the police station, say "hey, I've drank 20 drinks tonight and I drove here, please give me some inspiration to get sober."
hey there fellow Michigander..... trust me, you don't WANT a DUI. I've had two and they are events that will haunt you for many years in many ways.

you have already got the insight that a DUI gives you.... you're just fortunate beyond expression that it hasn't caught up with you and you haven't had to deal with the consequences.

SO.......

GO TO AA

COMMIT TO SOBRIETY

GIVE THIS A SHOT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

You don't need to go through the agony of a DUI - or worse the agony of a life after you've killed someone - you can choose this NOW.