View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
drunktastic1002

1. I started to drink in my teen years but did not begin to abuse until I was over 21. I was an alcohol dependent drinker before I turned 30. I was a blackout drinker and consumed a minimum of a 5th of alcohol a day for the last almost 4 years of my drinking during which time I became homeless, divorced and unemployable. I cannot relate much of my life from the years 2007 to 2011 with the exception of some time spent in hospitals and institutions when I could not drink. I once came to in St. Louis...I live in Ohio.

2. I got sober at the age of 33, I will be 37 in October.

3. My drinking career was eventful to be sure. Car crashes and bar fights and waking up in St. Louis. I was always a consequences, shmonsequences kind of girl and nothing tangible like a relationship, a career, or legal troubles was gonna stop me. The end of my drinking was quiet in comparison to all the days before it. I was void, empty...miserable. I came to angry that I had come to. I was scared to live and scared to die at the same time and drinking no longer shielded me from that. I picked up the phone and called a friend to ask for help. I have not picked up a drink since.