View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

Good article. Reminds me of when I called the DV hotline. The first thing they asked me was if I had money for a hotel room. I was like, not if I want to eat this week. My ex was spending a night in jail because I called 911. He ripped the phone out of my hand and smashed it before I could say anything, but the call was long enough for the dispatcher to get our address and two cops came and hauled him off. I was desperately looking for someplace to go before he got back. I ended up spending three nights at his parents' house. Then he sent flowers and they told me I needed to go back home because he was really sorry.
Ugh I'd almost forgotten about that. He got arrested in his boxer shorts after he charged at one of the cops. Sadly that wasn't even the worst night of our relationship. Definitely in the top 5 though.
Back to the finance thing, tomorrow afternoon is our child support hearing. I'm attending via telephone since it's in PA. Hoping it goes well. I just dropped a c note on school supplies. Freaking ridiculous. He's never sent me one red cent, but he has $400 to drink up every single month.
I don't even really NEED money from him; when I did my financial planning I didn't bother to include the possibility of him making a contribution because I knew I couldn't count on him. But it's the principle. And tomorrow is my day of reckoning. Finally.
Maybe I'll send him some flowers after I get my first cs payment.